Saturday, August 22, 2009

Les Églises


Église Saint Eustache

Over the summer, I visited an amazing number of churches and cathedrals all over France. Today two very different ones. The top is Église Saint Eustache in Paris near Les Halles. The bottom is simply Église Bray sur Seine. One very ornate, the other a simple village church. Both beautiful places of worship.

Since I have an extensive collection of French churches now, each Sunday ( dimanche) I will share some with you.

Église Bray sur Seine

7 comments:

Karen said...

I visited so many of them in Paris that the interiors have all run together in my memory.. This trip I will take notes and pay more attention. They are so awe inspiring to see.

Ha, my word verification is falic.

Starman said...

They must have done some major renovation at Saint-Eustache. It wasn't that ornate the only time I visited many years ago.

Barb said...

beautiful....Barb

Katie said...

I like the juxtaposition of these two church styles. Beautiful runner in the bottom photo. My friend's apartment where I stay in Paris is right near St. Eustache, so I walk by that church all the time. I'll have to search out Bray Sur Seine though, as I like the simple style too.

Virginia said...

Katie,
You'll have to head to the French countryside to the little town of Bray sur Seine to see their lovely church.

PeterParis said...

Well, I'm back! Have gone through all your nice Paris posts I missed during my absence! You really know how to capture the atmosphere! Sorry for the lacking flight space and long lasting home trip, but obviously you have recovered well!

Unknown said...

The 1st shot is SO powerful! Just great!