Sunday, August 9, 2009

Moulin Rouge - Paris Rouge IV



Last Sunday we trekked to the dome of the Sacre Coeur. Afterwards, we strolled ( very slowly) through the streets of Montmartre. In looking back through my photos, I found yet another rouge theme. I've not been inside the Moulin Rouge. Maybe that's something for the next trip. To learn more about the Moulin Rouge, visit Peter's Paris post. ( I'm getting pretty lazy about all this research stuff. Peter assures me it's ok to send you all over to his blog for all the scoops! Just make sure you don't stay over there!Ha)

Portes Rouges , Montmartre

Hotel des Arts, Montmartre

9 comments:

Maya said...

Wow, that's a great Moulin Rouge shot! Peter is a great tour guide. I'll have to link to his site for info as well... :-)

Judy - So California said...

V, Since rouge is one of my favotite colors I love your rouge themed blogs! I was lucky enough to visit the Moulin Rouge with my parents on my first trip to Paris in 1961! Golly - how can it be so long ago? Went a year later to the Moulin Rouge in Las Vegas - took two shows there to see what we saw in one in Paris - all were wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Peter better brace himself for a jam de traffic. I remember seeing that hotel on bottom. Charmant.

Daryl said...

Tres jolie!

Starman said...

In all the years I've been to Paris, I've never even entertained the idea of going to the Moulin Rouge.

Virginia said...

Starman,
I'm with you. Too many other great places to see. It was a great rouge photo op though, oui?

AH,
HA, EVerytime I send my gang over to his blog i worry that you all might get rowdy and cause a "stir"!HA

Maya,
Peter's covered just about any place I've ever mentioned on his blog. That's why I was so tickled that the dome of the Sacre Coeur was a new one for him.

Harriet said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I like your current banner and the one before.

I like the red theme, but like you, have no real interest or time to go there (Moulin Rouge) when I'm in Paris.

Maya said...

I'm astonished that we managed to take him places he'd never been! But, then again, he was with US, now wasn't he? hahaha

Unknown said...

The first shot is a great, great composition, V.!