Saturday, August 15, 2009

It Takes Two to Tango!



Back in July, Peter and I wandered along the Seine one night to see the tango dancers. My new friend in Paris, Meredith Mullins, had given us the skinny on when and where to find it all. IT's not all that well known so we were thrilled to have the inside scoop. Oh my, it was just as she had described. Dancers from all over Paris gather informally to dance the summer night away. There's a DJ of sorts that plays music on a glorified "boom box". Not being dancers ourselves ( an understatement I think) , Peter and I marveled at their expertise. I had camera problems that night so I only have these two shots to share. For once I was able to put my camera away and just enjoy this wonderful spectacle. Peter had a more prolific evening , so I again link to his blog, Peter's Paris, so you can enjoy his great collection of tango photos. Ohhhh la la!


5 comments:

Kalyan said...

nicely captured shots...love the tangos!

Karen said...

I like them in black & white and the motion in the first one. The second shows that dancing isn't just for the young. Good job.

Starman said...

You should have joined the fun regardless. That's the meaning of "joie de vive".

Virginia said...

Starman,
We both have "joie de vive" but I'm pretty sure 4 left feet between us, especially with the very tricky tango. It was an amazing thing to watch the intricacy of it all. V

Thanks Kalyan and Karen. It was so much fun to see.

Maya said...

I would have loved to have seen that! Of course, I would have loved to dance even more!