Monday, March 15, 2010

Bistrot Victoires- 100 French Strangers Challenge

French Stranger #60

Located in the 1st, on rue de la Vrillière, Bistrot Victoires is a nice little place for a good lunch at an affordable prix. Our waitress was very charming and pretty as well! We had a table in the doorway facing the street. I love that about Paris. In fine weather, you can enjoy your meal and people watch at the same time.

Since writing this text, I might add that we also dined here our first night in Paris last January! Peter joined us and we had a nice dinner and got to see this charming waitress again as well. Jet lag and wine provided many laughs that night!

The zinc bar is so, so Paris!

I don't know exactly what this is. A brass R2D2 or an expresso machine of some kind? Love the straw hat!



15 comments:

Shell Sherree said...

I vote for the brass R2D2 ~ I think it's the hat that does it for me!! This place looks very cosy and inviting, Virginia.

Anne said...

I love that bistro; a great place to take visitors because it's a classic.

Louis la Vache said...

It's an espresso machine. «Louis'» caffeine meter quivered immediately when «Louis» saw it...

Harriet said...

This bistrot is duly noted. Merci. And I must thank another Paris blogger for mentioning that sometimes streets are listed under "La" in the street index. My PARIS Moleskine is getting a good work-out.

Daryl said...

Looks like a BIG espresso machine ... nicely captured!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Just began following this charming blog -- terrific photos! Makes me feel as if I'm leaving the four walls of my studio and having my capuccino at a cafe in Paris!

Starman said...

Great picture of the espresso machine.

Virginia said...

WEll I guessed right on the expresso machine. Cool with the hat!

Sandy,
Your website is a delight!! Love your illustrations.

Lowell said...

Ah...I'm so jealous! Good food in a warm delightful place with a beautiful waitress...just can't get much better than that...oh, and in Paris, too!

TheChieftess said...

I'll have a a cafe au lait sil vous plait!!!

Julie said...

I was wondering how cold this waitress must have been should you have taken this during your recent January trip.

Katie said...

Delightful portraits! (And I include the R2D2 barrista in that group.) I'll have to add this to my growing list of places to try.

Judy - So California said...

I've seen lots of espresso machines before, V - but never one wearing a hat! Great shot.

Nishant said...

love that bistro; a great place to take visitors because it's a classic.
work at home in india

PeterParis said...

I remember the January dinner! A nice place, nice company ... and a nice waitress!