Sunday, February 7, 2010

Closed Due to Snow


As you know by now, I stayed within a few blocks of the Palais Royal on my last visit. The day after we arrived we were blessed with snow. On our way to the Palais Royal Metro stop, we passed Nemours. I have some very nice memories of champagne sipped here last summer. This day, the chairs were tipped and everyone had gone inside to warm up. The trees? Well all along the galleries of the Palais Royal and here as well, fresh green trees with no decorations were still up from Christmas. Perfect for the snow don't you think??

Oh happy day! Our dear Jilly that blogs from Menton AND Monte Carlo everyday is celebrating her Third Blog Birthday. Best wishes for many, many more years of your great photography from your lovely area, Jilly. My wish is that we will meet in person one day soon, and I can see your lovely part of France for myself! And now, it's time for Peter to pop the cork! :)

7 comments:

Shell Sherree said...

Those trees with the snow-dusting look beautiful. Somebody should have stopped serving champagne to the table and chair way before then. Very irresponsible!!

Happy 3rd blogoversary, Jilly!!

Jilly said...

Virginia, what a sweetheart you are to remember my birthday on your beautiful Paris blog too. thanks so much. Now, of course, I see that gorgeous carousel that your friend Shell Sherree painted so beautifully.

Starman said...

I suppose since they left the table and chairs outside, that means that some brave soul, if they so desire, could sit there.

Rob said...

Closed?! for that little dusting of snow??!! ;)

Virginia said...

Rob,
Nemours was still hopping but the outside terrace was closed. Well it was way below freezing. I know you guys would have been sitting out there in shorts smoking cigars and chugging some scotch.....but it's Paris! HA

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» really likes the new masthead photo!
;-)

Daryl said...

In love with this one, V.