Monday, March 28, 2016

Oh Pablo



November, 2014 marked the reopening of the Musée Picasso ,after an extended renovation. The Métros paid homage to him in many delightful ways. I like to think that my talented photographer friend Jean-luc Rollier's sense of humor that he often shares in his street photography, was my inspiration here.

I first met Jean-luc on Red Bubble where we both shared our images. That led to buying his street photography book on Blurb. When I was in Paris a few years ago, we arranged a meet up for coffee and he signed my copy. Since then, he's moved to the Brittany coast, so haven't met again, but I follow his work on Facebook, and we have continued our friendship there. Merci, mon ami.

6 comments:

Joe said...

An eye catching capture V. Humour can be a a wonderful inspiration and one I hope I can always rely on.

jlnrollier said...

Thank you dear Virginia for this warm tribute. I am very happy and very proud to have been a ( just a little ...)
source of inspiration for you. Thank you for having remained faithful to our digital relations for lack of the reality...
Amitié
JL

Stuart said...

A wonderful photo in the tradition of the Paris school of photography.

Bill said...

Great image!

William Kendall said...

Pablo looks quite stern. There's one or two of his works here in our National Gallery.

Jack said...

Nice one. A fun bit of street photography. This is one that works well in black and white.