Saturday, October 3, 2009

The View


Last summer my friends Peter and Mary joined me for our first look at the rather newly reopened (2007) la Cite de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine in Paris. I've posted some previous photos here. Please click on the link to learn more about this amazing museum. Housed in the east wing of Palais de Chaillot, at the Place du Trocadéro, visitors are treated to this jaw dropping view from each of the soaring windows that face the Seine. Decidedly one of the best in town. After we had covered every inch of the museum , we had some refreshment from the small café and sat out on the terrace. There we found we had the same fabulous view as the much pricier restaurant across the way. You'll thank me for this tip one day! :)


12 comments:

Kcalpesh said...

Fantastic view, this is a brilliant composition!


- Pixellicious Photos

Starman said...

I'm back and caught up with all your wonderful photographs of Paris to this point. If you're interested, you can read about my adventure for the past two weeks here: http://lerevefrancais.blogspot.com/

Virginia said...

Starman,
Well I did read it , every word! I am so glad you are home safe and sound and hopefully feeling your old self. What a frightening experience!!
V

Barb said...

wonderful and I'll have to remember that when I visit Paris....Barb

Petrea Burchard said...

I'm thanking you already. I just come over here every once in a while to let my heart ache a little.

Virginia said...

Petrea,
I swing from loving being able to relive the whole wonderful experience through my photographs, to a fair amount of heartache myself. C'est la vie! :)
V

Olivier said...

magnifique cet angle de la tour eiffel et original. Comme quoi, on en a jamais fait le tour

Maya said...

I wish we had had this tip when we were there! We contemplated the "pricier" restaurant while there, but decided against it because they weren't serving yet and we were hungry!

DW Quilt Art said...

Ah, one of those photos that makes my heart ache for Paris!

♥ E.T. Suzy ♥ said...

Ooooooooo, I like this one. No, I LOVE it! I thought about going into la Cite de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine this past May, but didn't have too much time. Next time for sure!

I've got to come over here more often. I can't keep up with all the Paris photo blogs!

♥ E.T. Suzy ♥ said...

5 days later...and I'm still gazing at this photo. Thank you so much!

All of your photos are incredible, Virginia. You have a great eye for artistic shots.

Virginia said...

ET Suzy,
you just visit this photo and any others as much as you like! I'm flattered to have your nice comments and visits.
V