Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Bonnes nouvelles!





We woke today to learn that the fires have all been extinguished and that much of the interior did not suffer the damage that seemed inevitable. Hearing that the Rose Windows, the cross, the organ, and much more were saved is really unbelievable.

Tonight I will share a collection of images that I found yesterday while pouring through my archives. These images brought me comfort. I hope they will do so for you as well.

Thank you for the lovely comments yesterday. I appreciate them every one.







6 comments:

William Kendall said...

Battered but not lost. A treasure to the world.

TheChieftess said...

I love your photo of the rose window Virginia! I like what Willam said..."battered but not lost"... I am sure they are taking great care to further protect what's left...I hope they take extra special care of those windows...

M. Denise C. said...

Lovely, Virginia. Thank you.

Kay dancingbrushpainting.blogspot.com said...

Thank you Virginia. We have such vivid memories of Notre Dame and these photos are comforting. I, too, am overwhelmed with relief and gratitude that the damage was not as horrific as it seemed at first.

Your posts are ones I always open, even on my busiest days. To paraphrase: A little Paris in my day is always a good idea!

Blessings,
Kay

Jeanie said...

I, too, am grateful you are sharing these. My Notre Dame memories, like so many others, have come flooding back in such clarity as we mourn this treasure. I know they will be rebuild but oh, that they have to...

Virginia said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. We all feel the loss but are grateful that all was not lost.
V