Thursday, July 19, 2018

Cimetière de Passy I - La vue

Say what you will about Père Llachaise, the residents of Cimetière de Passy have the best view in Paris. Located across the street from the Palais de Chaillot, the view of la Tour Eiffel is everlasting.

When I meet with friends to help them plan their trips to Paris, I always suggest Passy if they have only a few days in Paris. If they have longer, of course I encourage Père Lachaise, Montmartre or Montparnasse cemeteries, as well. Passy is small and doable in an hour, and you can bundle this with your trip to la Tour Eiffel and perhaps the Contemporary, Architecture and Fashion museums in walking distance.

I"ll be featuring Passy, for the next few days here. Maybe you'll decide to add it to your Paris To Do List!

Cimetière de Passy
2 rue de Commandant Schloesing
Paris 20016

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

The sculpture is quite unusual.

Dennis said...

I agree. We went there to see the graves of Edouard Manet and Berthe Morisot. A fine, quiet stroll in a lovely neighborhood.