Monday, December 19, 2016

Peter's Paris


In 2008, my second trip to Paris, I connected with Paris blogger Peter Olson.  Since then, I've been fortunate to spend many wonderful hours walking the streets of Paris with him. He's probably more knowledgeable than most Parisians, he's Swedish after all, and our journeys around Paris never disappoint. The City of Paris benefits from his expertise as a Paris Greeter. After 13 trips to Paris, Peter and I have walked many, many miles, explored numerous sites and of course enjoyed many laughs and glasses of champagne. I have called him "The Most Patient Man In Paris" and after years of photo walks, he still holds the title!

This photo of Peter is exactly like every walk we take. He's ahead, I'm behind. It's how we roll!

6 comments:

Paulita said...

What a beautiful walkway. The leaves, the bricks. Perfect.

Shammickite said...

I have followed Peter (on the screen, not in real life) for a few years, and I agree, he is the most knowledgeable man about his adopted city. You are so lucky to have spent time with him.

William Kendall said...

An excellent portrait shot!

Connie said...

Old dear friends are like gold nuggets . . . what a sweet photo of your friend and a wonderful way to always remember him. Doing want he loves, walking the streets of Paris :)

Jeanie said...

I had to laugh when you said that was your typical walking position with Peter. I must have a half dozen photos of Peter (with Rick) from behind, about eight feet ahead -- or maybe more. Being patient. You're right -- Peter is the Best, capital "B" and anyone who knows him is lucky indeed!

MadAboutParis said...

Peter IS Paris.
Thanks to Virginia, I am fortunate to "breathe their collective air" - may we have many more champagne toasts and lots more joint adventures!!!
Bisous