Monday, October 1, 2018

City Daily Photo Theme Day - CHANGE


I love that whenever I return to Paris, I can count on its cobblestoned streets and charming buildings and cafés, being just like I left them. On the other hand, the city of Paris took a bold and necessary step a few years ago when they began removing the once romantic, turned horrific nuisance LOVE LOCKS from the Paris bridges. The sheer weight was causing structural damage not to mention the thousands of locks blocked the view of the Seine. The Pont des Arts was relieved of over 700,000 locks weighing over 93 metric tons! In order to prevent new locks, thick acrylic panels were installed. I share before and after shots. Change is good.

Today I join City Daily Photobloggers around the world as we all post our take on this month's theme. Have a look HERE.


5 comments:

William Kendall said...

It was only right to get rid of those things.

RedPat said...

A great change!

Linda said...

They did what was necessary.

Kay said...

It's clearly a necessary change. It seemed like a sweet idea at first but what an unbelievable mess it became!

Kate said...

I always thought I was a bit of a Romantic, but never quite understood this incredibly stupid practice. What a wonderful improvement!