Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Rayures



Buren's Les Deux Plateaux has, since its installation in 1986,  evoked the usual love/hate discussions in Paris.  I will admit that I have always loved them.  Maybe it's the fact that I had to view them behind walls during the multi million dollar restoration from my first visit in 2007 till the miraculous day in January 2010, when the walls came down overnight, and I finally had a shot at them, I don't know. They are graphic and offer me a zillion photo opportunities. J'adore!

6 comments:

Joe said...

They are very striking and such a contrast to the surrounding architecture V. They would make me stop with camera at the ready too.

Stuart said...

Yipes, stripes ! OK that's going back too far... and going too far for this wonderful installation. Nicely framed shot !

William Kendall said...

They do contrast well with the surroundings.

Alexa said...

They've grown on me—and they're certainly nicer than the parking lot that used to be there!

RedPat said...

I like them too!

Deb said...

Me also. But a 3 year restoration?