Saturday, March 1, 2014

CDP Theme Day - People On The Street




When in Paris, the images I'm always looking for are people on the street so this CDP Theme for March was right up my alley.  This photograph was taken outside of the Lycée Charlemagne in the Marais.  The teens were hanging out during their lunch break,  and I watched as the boy on the left spun this ball on his finger.  I asked to take his photo and he agreed. He then said, "You should take his photo, he's a lot better than I am," and pointed to this fellow. He was a bit embarrassed but agreed.  Another Paris moment I won't forget.

My City Daily Photoblog friends around the world are sharing their take on our theme this month.  Have a look right HERE!

9 comments:

Stuart said...

That's a great shot. I like that the ball looks kinda earth-like !

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I've just been catching up on missed 'Paris moments' Virginia, you make it look so easy :)

William Kendall said...

That's something I've never figured out how to do. That first shot is marvelous!

VP said...

The whole world at your fingertips... I see that it is a simple ball, but in your first picture it looks like a globe!

Joe said...

Perfect people shots V. How nice that the agreed to have their photo taken.

Jack said...

I misunderstood. The theme is PURPLE on the street? Gee, I don't have a purple photo ready.

Starman said...

They both appear to be very good ball-handlers.

LOLfromPasa said...

Spinning a ball like that and in the second shot the chap is looking at the camera too! Talent. Something I couldn't do. Fun shots.

Alexa said...

I remember this. It always pays to ask (as I was too shy to do). Well, you were well rewarded, V --