Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pétanque at the Palais Royal - Part II



Remember when I happened upon this delightful group of pétanque players at the Palais Royal last summer? Well I've been looking over my photographs, and I found two more. It's all in the throw and the footwork I think. Pétanque might be my favorite game to watch in France. I've played it a few times, and although I have a lot to learn, it's great fun.

Today I'm joining Aileni's Monochrome Weekend photographers.

Our friend Bob Crowe over at Saint Louis Mo Daily Photo is celebrating his 1000th post. Can you believe that?? Bob has to be the hardest working blogger I know. He has been a friend since I started my blog and a mentor as well. Take a bow Bob!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Click... or should that be 'clique!'

Virginia said...

Aileni,
HA! Yes, both I think. The older crowd at Luxembourg seem to have formed some strong friendships. This group here played with a Heineken in one hand! I love the sound of the "click"!

Anonymous said...

I like the photo of the feet and the balls. Your image says a lot without having to show it all. Welcome to the monochrome weekend. You'll love it.

prashant said...

This group here played with a Heineken in one hand! I love the sound of the "click"!


Work from home India

Julie said...

They look to be a young crowd, VJ, if the boots and the leg-style are anything to go by. Once again, a delghtful image that proves that less is more.

Louis la Vache said...

Les Français apprécient vraiment le petanque!

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Love the movement in the photos. The ball begs to be in motion. Perfect for monochrome. The balls appear to be, well...... chrome!

PeterParis said...

Whether you are goo or bad doesn't matter! It's just fun!

Virginia said...

Peter is right, it's just fun unless you are at Luxembourg Gardens with those gentlemen. It's serious business and I wouldn't want to try and play with them. I will say that the group I photographed there were just delightful.

Julie, This group at the Palais Royal were yound and so fun. They were having so much fun. Look back at that post from last summer.

I can almost hear the "click"!

StyleSpy said...

I should learn to play before my next trip -- I'll be it's a great way to make French friends.

Maya said...

Did we tell you we got to play this in Provence? It was great fun. We dragged our butts away from the pool and played, wine in hand. It's a rough life I tell ya!