Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sunny Day in Paris!


I know the photography rule about not taking photos in the harsh midday sun, but after I looked at this one a while, I rather liked the nice shadows that resulted. This sunny little table and chairs I found in le Marais. It was Bastille Day, and I had a wonderful time wandering from the Centre Pompidou, to le Marais and back. One of Paris' oldest areas, it is still one of my very favorite places to stroll, shop and take an incredible amount of photographs. I'm oh, so ready for another visit. Quelle surprise!

6 comments:

Laurent said...

Yes it's sunny days in Paris this week. We have the most perfect weather for automn !
I see that your followers have diseapered too !

Daryl said...

Yellow chairs! The sun cut out and shadows are fabulous .. V, you do find the best photo ops

Anonymous said...

Yet another rule I didn't know about.

Karen said...

Ahhh, perfect photo and a good reason not to follow rules. I'm hoping for lots of sunny days in October.
I didn't lose my followers but checked the Daily Photo home page and there is no theme yet for October 1st and Eric's little logo is an X and says he's suspended.. huh? Didn't he start this? I think there are problems on the home site.

DW Quilt Art said...

This is lovely! Love the shadows cast by the cutouts in the chairs! Ah, yes, the marais...so lovely!

Katie said...

I can just feel the warmth radiating off this lovely photo. You're right -- great shadows! And always break the photo rules, as you never know when you might get a great shot like this!