Friday, September 25, 2009

Le Verre a Pied


My last day in Paris I had breakfast on rue Mouffetard at le Verre a Pied. When I went to pay, I realized I had left my wallet back in my room. In my half anglais- half français ( and as Peter would say, my half sign language - well you do what you have to do) , I managed to explain that I would be back in 5 minutes and gave the nice owner 1.5 euros ( all I had with me) and left. I returned with the proper funds shortly! I was so appreciative that he had been so trusting, I went back and had lunch there as well. It was a VERY warm day so yes, I gratefully accepted a little ice for my rosé! Another very kind Parisian that made my stay in Paris so very special.

Breaking News! I am very pleased that two of my Paris photos are now being featured on Parisien Salon.com ! This is a beautiful site and all you Paris lovers will want to visit it every day, I do!

7 comments:

Laurent said...

Nice picture.
And our followers are back !
Good day Virginia and good weekend too. I will be the Parisian guide for my friends coming to visit Paris this weekend.New pictures are on the way ...

Karen said...

What a nice story. I try to tell my friends here that the Parisians are nice and not a bit rude and they just look at me as though I'm demented.
In spite of trying to learn the language, my French is not good so the universal sign language usually works for me. :=]

Virginia said...

Laurent,
I'm sure you are a fine Paris guide ! Look forward to more photos.

K,
you do what you gotta do, right?

Daryl said...

I love this screen with its dust motes POV ... ah to be Paris lunching ...

PeterParis said...

So, you see (or confirm) that Parisians are nice ... if you are nice with them! (We even forgive them for putting ice with the wine!) :-)

Virginia said...

Peter, I'm out of your sight one day and I start putting ice in my wine. I'm a hopeless student, oui? C'est dommage!
V

Dayl,
Actually that was a gorgeous aged mirror on the wall. I easily took 20 shots before I got the one i wanted.
V

Anonymous said...

C'est dommage? Non, c'est fromage.