Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Funkiest Fountain in Paris


Yesterday, I promised you another trip to the Centre Georges Pompidou. Here we are at the Stravinsky Fountain. When Niki de Saint Phalle and Tinguely collaborate, it's going to be something funky, colorful, and fun! Created in 1982, it consists of 16 mechanical sculptures, inspired by Stravinsky, all gyrating and blowing water. As I've said before......only in Paris.
So are you still wondering why I LOVE Paris??? It's a thrill a minute!


How hilarious and fun it this????



8 comments:

Laurent said...

Great shots Virginia ! I always get there one cloudy days. It's much better with the sun ... and you have very good angles there.

alice said...

You've been lucky, Virginia, each time I have been passing by, all of these colorful fountains were out of work... Finally, you're going to like Beaubourg!
But Birmingham is full of colors today, too!

Maya said...

I hate to burst your bubble, but these crazy things are not only in Paris. Check out my Basel shots!

Karen said...

When I was there it was all frozen and gloomy. Hope October brings sun and fun and funky..

Daryl said...

Its a regular PeeWee's Playhouse .. all those mouthwatering colors .. and I am totally laughing at the water spewing from that creatures breast or arm .. I am thinking breast

Virginia said...

Maya,
de Saint Phalle's work is everywhere, I agree, even at Cemiètere Montparnasse!

Daryl,
I think you're right. It makes me laugh too.

Starman said...

The Stravinsky Fountain is one of my most favorite in Paris. I don't think I've ever seen it not working.

Unknown said...

There she is! :-) Isn't Niki great?!