Friday, July 31, 2009

Guess Where I Went Today? - Luxembourg Gardens Again!

Oh yes, I am back in Paris ! Today, after a delicious lunch off rue Mouffetard ( my old stomping grounds) we headed to Luxembourg Gardens for a photo shoot. I found some new and interesting things to photograph that I had not seen on previous visits. Today just a few. Many more to come.
Posted by Picasa
Sailing boats is a favorite passtime for the kiddos
Outside the photography exhibit
Aloha from Luxembourg Gardens

Beautfiul fountains everywhere

10 comments:

alaine@éclectique said...

More - yes, please. I love the little girl shot in particular.

Petrea Burchard said...

Stunning. Those wide open doors onto the sunshine. Ah, me!

Thérèse said...

Definitively an air of farniente!

Anonymous said...

How lucky to be able to have stomping grounds in Paris.

Love that second photo. A lot.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Are you keeping France nice for me. Later this month I will be there. Outside the photography shot is so well observed. Always such wonderful light.

Harriet said...

I'm glad that the City of Charleston landscapers are not in Paris or they would have a palmetto tree in every one of those planters! That's a stunning photo - great angle.

I had to look up the word farniente. Leave it to the French to have a word that means "pleasant idleness."

Bob Crowe said...

Isn't it a nice feeling to be able to say that you have "old stomping grounds" in Paris? Luxembourg Gardens is such a good place to profitably waste a summer day.

Virginia said...

Bob, I'd like to have the time to just sit and read in Luxembourg Gardens. I'm always running around like a mad woman snapping photos.

B.,
France awaits your arrival!! :)

Therese,
Pleasant idleness. WEll the French have that one nailed!

marley said...

All good photos but I love the second one. Just brilliant!

Shell Sherree said...

Well, there's no disputing that palm-tree evidence. How wonderful! This is a lovely group of shots, Virginia ~ I want to walk into that second photo.