Friday, July 17, 2009

Guess Where I Went? -Musee d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris

Hmmm, that looks like the poster in my family room!
Well today's outing was a photographer's dream. Peter and I went to the Musee d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris .( free admission) and also saw the inspiring Henri Cartier-Bresson exhibit ( well worth the extra admission fee). We weren't allowed to take pictures at the special exhibit, but we did capture these photos in the museum itself. Located next to the Palais de Tokyo, a minute from la Tour Eiffel, it's another wonderful museum to add to your list.

Black lemons?? Note the museum guard that was on the alert for photographers using their flash!


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

PeterParis said...

I guess a flash would have been a way to waken him up! :-)

Harriet said...

I love the lady's pose in the top photo!

Bob Crowe said...

That's a very cool place. They have some bizarro, cutting edge stuff. I think the guard in the second picture may have sleep apnea. Was he snoring Check your link, though. The first one takes me to a page about the Centre Pompidou, not the Palias du Tokyo.

Virginia said...

Thanks B for letting me know about the link and actually I had the name of the museum a little off as well! Good grief!! And oui, there is some very edgy stuff there!

Maya said...

That first one is wonderful. I hate it when museums don't let you take photos. Some of the best shots can be taken there!

Thérèse said...

Another ways to see the Eiffel Tower.

Karen said...

Lovely photos, as usual, and thanks for showing another museum that I missed. I am going to be so busy when I get there. :=}

Jane Hards Photography said...

You got to see the great man's work in France. That would be a bonus for me.

I have been quiet of late re to my impending possible lawsuit against a well known company. Just catching up now.

Starman said...

Sadly, it was closed when we went, but we did go next door to the Palais de Tokyo. It was rather disappointing.