Saturday, August 1, 2009

E. Dehillerin, A Chef's Paradise


Today we found E. Dehillerin. For you Food Network fans of Ina Garten, this is where she buys her copper pots when in Paris. Founded in 1820, this store is a treasure trove of cooking utensils and every shape and size of copper pots and pans you can imagine. The extra added bonus was the extremely friendly salesmen. One even knew where Birmingham is located!!! More French strangers along with some photos of this wonderful shop located on rue Coquilliere in the 1st arrondissement.
French Stranger # 28


French Stranger #29
( He asked me if he ever gets to Birmingham what is the first thing he should see. My answer was, "Moi" of course! )
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Harriet said...

Now these guys look like Frenchmen! What a fun store. Love the photos.

Julie said...

"Flower shops in Paris" ... huh?

Love the second stranger shot: but he is a skite!!

Judy - So California said...

Oh V - you finally got there - I am so excited! This is the store I told you about when you went last fall. I thought you just had too many more exciting places to visit. When you talk about bringing home some "pot" - this is the "pot" I am talking about. Love it!

Jilly said...

What a shop! Loved your response to French Stranger no. 29. Well of course!

Thérèse said...

A Chef's Paradise for the one who does not clean, lol.

Anonymous said...

Bonjour, y'all. Of course I'm going to love bachelor #2.

Starman said...

I wonder what he's going to stir up with that spoon?

Katie said...

Yay I love this store! You've done a wonderful job capturing the beautiful copper pots. I've always found the people who work there very nice and helpful, but I had no idea they also had such a great sense of humor! The bottom photo is just too hysterical.

Barb said...

Love the store and copper,what a treat....Barb

marley said...

What wonderful brass pans! A lot of polishing though!

Anonymous said...

I am assuming you are bringing me home one of these eh????-kat