Saturday, July 4, 2009

Window Shopping, Paris Style


Well, my goodness!  I think in another life I wore one of these!!!
( The question is.......what did I wear UNDER it?)

I've been promising all my friends that I would post a few photographs of the wonderful Paris shop windows.  The French are the masters at window display. Since I shot these through glass, the quality is not as good, but I'm sure you veteran shoppers will get the idea.  I promise, more windows this next trip!


I do love a straw hat.  Isn't this window the best!!!

They let down that fancy grid at night to keep people like me from breaking the glass and making off with every one of these great shoes!
Palais Royal

This was "handbag heaven " for sure. I'll take one of each s'il vous plait!
Palais Royal


I pulled this one from my archives.  I took this photograph of Bonpoint's infant store in 2007. Bonpoint has separate shops for infants, girls , boys, shoes etc.  Check out their trés chic website for more offerings.  Mrs. Obama and her girls shopped here on their recent trip to Paris.  I plan to revisit these shops soon!

11 comments:

Maya said...

Oooh, I'd wear that first one. Though maybe in red!

alice said...

Oh, I know Marie Mercié et ses chapeaux! Rue Monge, isn't it?

Virginia said...

Alice we were in the Montparnasse area I think. Would that have been Rue Monge? I thought Rue Monge was near our apartment. Then again, you know I'm not street savvy in Paris yet. I'll bet after a week plus there next week I'll be wiser! :)

Daryl said...

Ah those hats ... and shoes ... ahhhh nice

Starman said...

I know guys aren't supposed to like window shopping, but it's one of the truly wonderful things I can actually afford. Well, not for women's wear, but you know.

Lowell said...

Now it becomes clear why you love Paris! Shopping mecca!

PeterParis said...

The question is perhaps rather, did you wear anything under it? :-)

Virginia said...

Peter,
HA!!! I've answered that question via email!

Starman said...

rue Monge is in the 5é, not Montmartre. So you are correct.

Rob said...

Er, wearing nothing under it? Um, shopping is fine in Paris I suppose. Except I'm not so sure this sort of thing would fit me and I ain't gonna' try walking in pumps neither.

Virginia said...

DL,
I don't think this is the outfit pour tu! Ha