Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What Is It??? Where Is It???




For all you Francophiles out there, you know who you are,  I have a little contest for you. Today's photo is your clue.  What is it and where is it?  The winner will get about 2 dozen Paris photos that I can't seem to unload.  Well seriously, I'll send you something, maybe an Eiffel Tower keychain!! :)  BTW, Peter and Laurent, and all bloggers from France, sorry you are disqualified because you are  OVER qualified for this contest.:)  May the best Frenchie win.  If you're a big fat loser this time, don't fret, I have more.

The first person to email me with the correct answer will be our winner and I'll run the photograph showing it in its entirety shortly thereafter.

CONGRATULATIONS DUSTY LENS AT NORTH METRO MINNEAPOLIS DP. HE CORRECTLY GUESSED THE BEAUTIFUL WOOD CEILING/WALLS AT CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT!  A FABULOUS PRIZE IS ON ITS WAY!!  


9 comments:

Jill said...

Well, darn, using just my imagination, I was going to guess a metro, but I think those are windows rather than lights. Then I thought it might be the ceiling of a swimming pool up on Butte aux Cailles. I give up. Oh please have another contest.

Virginia said...

Jill the swimming pool, which Peter and I did not go inside to see, is just a grand guess but sorry! Don't worry, I'll do some more. This is fun. You're the first guesser! Check back to see what it is.
V

Rob said...

Racking my cranium to remember where in the world, (or Paris as the case may be), that I've seen this before. Thought about all the museums and sites we visited; then it hit me -- the ceiling at Charles de Gaulle International Airport! Boy, I sure hope I'm right.

Virginia said...

Bingo! DL is our winner. That didn't take long! Your fabulous prize is on it's way. Now let me dig around a little more and find something else to try and stump you all with!

BTW, I snapped about 6 photos while waiting in line at the Delta counter. Later heard and employee tell someone that no photos were allowed. Do you suppose I'm on a WANTED poster somewhere at CDG???

Daryl said...

I was half right .. LOL .. I knew it was a ceiling ... congrats to Dusty!

Rob said...

Well, shoot. I guess you're going to have to mark down on my report card, "Does not follow directions". I was supposed to email you the answer. So sorry; now heading to principal's office for detention.

Julie said...

Like the mono version, but at the size you display it. When I enlarge the people are a let down: nothing to do with the photographer.

Like this ...

Virginia said...

Julie, I didn't love the touristas either. Would have preferred a cute little Parisian man with a beret but sometimes" you have to dance with the one that brung you" as the saying goes!ha

Starman said...

I knew it was CDG, of course, but your contest was over before I even saw it.