Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Guess Where We Went Today? - Jardin d'Acclimatation



Davis found many motorcycle rides to enjoy!

We found a way to beat the crowds today. For those of you traveling to Paris with children this is the primo place to go. Forget Euro Disney, Jardin d'Acclimation is a 49 acre park in the northern part of the Bois de Boulogne. There is a delightful small train ride through the park, a house of mirrors, zoo animals, junior sized rides and we ended our day with a lovely boat ride down a mill stirred lagoon. Besides that, the gardens there are spectacular. We particularly loved the vegetable and herb garden. Check their link for all the other activities offered from trampolines, to miniature golf. We did all we could do, trust me!

Our friends from Birmingham joined us today so we had a grand day together. Did I mention how tired I am tonight????

I apologize if this post is rather long, but we have many family members and friends that want to see what we do everyday.

This delightful mural is tucked away in the gardens. All through the park there are signs featuring similar drawings. Their marketing director needs to find a way to sell these as prints. They could make some Euros.



The Eiffel Tower shaped climbing "thing".
( Notice how high you can climb. This country must not be lawsuit happy! HA)

All over Paris in every garden we've visited, we've seen groups of adults/children enjoying a picnic just like this one.

In the gardens


This was one ride all the adults enjoyed as much as the kiddos.

The perfect ending to our day here.

22 comments:

Jill said...

No way a post of yours could ever be too long. Feel free to make them longer anytime! It was wonderful seeing the park and activities. I am still along, enjoying Paris with you every day.

Jane Hards Photography said...

The longer the better for me. That boat ride - to die for image undercover. The kids just look like they are having the time of their lives. Davis looks supercool. Babooshka will be creating a little Isle of Man TT package for him when the real races start. Ssh. don't tell everyone though I have my rep as a hardnosed photographic business woman to keep.

Now I'm fixing to sleep.

Barb said...

how fun....Barb

Ken Mac said...

exhilarating!!

Harriet said...

V- that boat ride looks divine! Don't worry about your posts being too long. We're all enthusiastically checking every day to see what you guys have been up to. This is the next best thing to being there!

Thanks for the link to this "jardin". I'm going to check it out to see where it's located.

Cafe Pasadena said...

Your blog photo heading looks like our Citihall.

You have a nice photo eye, V. U shoulda been ah painter.

Bob Crowe said...

Completely charming, and here I @*&@(%& am stuck in Missouri. But, hey, I get to go to Kansas in a couple of weeks. Party on.

Are the children picking up any French?

Rip said...

That eiffel tower thing looks right up my alley! My kindergarten teacher used to get on to me fro climbing all over the playground where I wasnt supposed to! Sound like all had a great time.

Jean Spitzer said...

I love the climbing thing--and the fact that there's just a bit of sand underneath. Very different from L.A. parks.
This reminds me of a trip we took to England when my daughter was four; we did all kinds of things, like spend hours at a farm for heritage animals, that we never would have done, otherwise.

Unseen India Tours said...

Wow This Is So Funny And Enjoyable..Great..

Anne said...

I knew it would be a hit and you had the perfect weather. Love your enthusiasm.

Eki said...

what a fun place to be!

my son would love it (as would his dad) ... ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm with the others -- take all the time and shots you want. Any plans to visit Giverny?

Daryl said...

NO apologies ..long posts w/fabulous photos are perfect .. and since I cant even afford to think about a trip to Paris (I am however thinking hard about a new camera and longer/better lens)your trip and photos are my daily dose! I am enjoying this almost as much as you!

Blind Fly Theater said...

It looks like an enchanting experience for adults and youngsters alike...
Your photos and description have it all... I can smell the herb garden, the mural is indeed delightful and should be put to marketing use, that boat ride would put me into a dreamlike state...
Dreamy all the way.
Thanks, Virginia, for taking the time to enchant us all!
David

Starman said...

The boat ride thing looks a lot like the Canal du Midi in Toulouse.

Virginia said...

Starman, are you from Ft. Lauderdale?? I lived there in the 70's for 3 years. Small world.

The boat ride was dreamy. Nothing that Disney could replicate! The "moms' rode in another boat from Jason and the kids. We contemplated getting wine and riding around and around and ..........!

Petrea Burchard said...

I'm going to start a door series, inspired by you.

PeterParis said...

Of course you have to make Paris differently when you travel with kids! You obvioulsy do it well! :-)

Virginia said...

Peter,
You're just tickled pink that you didn't have to serve as tour guide extraordinaire on this excursion!! :)

Maya said...

What a fun day!

Kim said...

Thank you for telling us of this. That boat ride under the arbor is so lovely. It looks like you all enjoyed it there very much.
-Kim