Sunday, June 14, 2009

Out and About!


Fairy House #1 by Eva
(The fairy leaves a treat of some kind in the night!)


Art Exhibition in Thorigny sur Oreuse


Multi family garage sale French style!

Add ImageRed Shutters

We are so enjoying our stay at La Bonne Etoile! Today we ventured out with Kippy to a neighboring village for a French brocante/ garage sale! It was great fun seeing what was for sale, and we all bought a few treasures. We also stopped to see an art exhibition in a nearby town and were actually able to vote on our favorite piece for the judging. Of course we are all enjoying the slowed down pace of life in the French countryside here. I had another afternoon nap! ( I could get use to this ) and meals on the lovely terrace are special treat.

I am experiencing LONG delays trying to load photos so my posts may not go up at regular times.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like southerners, send them all the way to Paris and they go to a garage sale!

Anonymous said...

Being the plant-head that I am, I was immediately drawn to the trees. That effect is called "pollarding" I believe, and is intended to keep trees short but produce maximum shade by encouraging lateral growth. So there.

Daryl said...

I think this holiday is just perfect

MadAboutParis said...

Tell Eva that she made the BEST fairy house EVER!!!
So happy to see that you found RED/ROUGE in the country...how's the food???
xx,
M

Virginia said...

Plant Head, Well that's interesting. People in B'ham do that to their crape myrtle trees and we call it "Crape Murder"! It weakens the branches.
Little Miss Plant Head Jr.

Peaches,
Girl we had some fun. Melissa will have to tell you what she bought. I bought a serving spoon (silver plate) for 1 euro and an old French/English dictionary for kids (et moi)!

Maya said...

LOVE the red shutters!

Starman said...

Shortly after I moved into my condo, they cut back the trees even further then the ones in your picture. It took them years to get back to looking like real trees.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Common ground the garage sale.Yep even here. I bet they have a much better intersting class of item though. Just adore those blistering red shutters.