Friday, May 27, 2011

Mon Amie Jean-Luc


Last fall I joined Red Bubble as a place to show and hopefully sell my work.  It's a community of artists and is very much like blogging.  I have enjoyed exploring the work of other photographers and of course was drawn to those that featured Paris.   Jean-Luc Rollier's photographs caught my eye and soon he and I were chatting via Bubble Mail.  When Mary and I went to Paris last January I asked if we could meet and he agreed!  Peter and I met him, along with photographer Carla Coulson ( you'll meet her here soon) for coffee one afternoon and what fun it was to meet them both in person.  I brought along my copy of Jean-Luc's book for him to sign.  Another friendship made possible by the internet!

12 comments:

megi said...

Thank you , Virginia
for your creativity
greetings
Megi

Ann said...

That's so nice.
Validates my belief on blogging.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

How delightful! But, Virginia, you have to be careful about meeting people on the internet... Oh, right... that's how we met! bwhahahaha

jlnrollier said...

Oh my God!I'm a star today! :'))

Merci beaucoup chère Virginia, je garde un très bon souvenir de cette rencontre à Paris.

Jules Renard said : Ajoutez 2 lett res à Paris et c'est le Paradis...

Amitié
JL

starman1695 said...

Here's an idea for your next visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PvA3FoNqZ4

Virginia said...

Jean-Luc,
En effet, it est le paradis pour moi aussi!
à bientôt, :)
V

Janey and Co. said...

A very friendly face!

Alexa said...

Another talented photographer! How wonderful that you two got together—and Jean-Luc looks like a fun guy too! Gotta say, so far I've encountered only terrific people through blogging.

M said...

How wonderful! We will have to meet on our next trip to Paris! This is a delightful portrait!

Harriet said...

Great portrait shot. What a great story.

PeterParis said...

Bloggin leads to many nice encounters! :-)

Virginia said...

Peter, you were my first blog friend to meet in person. My friends worried about me so! HA Now they all want to visit Paris and meet the "Divine Peter"! ")
V