Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Nostalgie Vendrus Ici


Today's photograph makes me wish that I'd had more time at the Paris Flea Market to just pull up a stool and have the hours to pour through this vintage suitcase overflowing with old photographs and the stack of old sheet music as well.  I have endless dreams for altered books and collage projects that I've have on hold. Is there EVER enough time in Paris for this?  It's something I long for.  Maybe one day.....

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner......winners!  Pardon the late posting but the independent judging firm of Gilbert and Gilbert was delayed......in Las Vegas.  Don't ask.

They have awarded the prize for "Go Ahead and Write Your Own Title" to........
Altadena Hiker for, " I'm too sexy for my shirt..." AND Jean Spitzer for, " My other car is a Jaguar".

Check back daily for a new contest!

10 comments:

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Oh yes, I love les puces and on my next trip plan to venture to one I have not visited. Love your b/w photo with the Tango mag in front!

Daryl said...

I love flea markets. This is a superb shot, Virg.

Starman said...

I'll bet there are some real treasures in there.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a good thing you aren't in Paris today, Virg. It's in rather a bad mood. Although, I was there during a transportation strike once, and it just gave me a good excuse to stay longer.

Alexa said...

This shot is perfect in B&W. I agree—it would be delicious to have all the time you could want here.

TheChieftess said...

Sounds like a good argument for moving to Paris!!!

Paris Paul said...

What a fantastic photo! The story each of those individual items must have...

Bettina said...

This is a really wonderful photo, love the B&W.

I love doing altered books and collages - you should do it !

Julie said...

Go the Hiker!

Julie said...

oops ... forgot to say ... I am sooo jealous of this image, V.

Ripper ...