Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Musique Dans Les Rues - The Singer


Today I thought we would start a little series. Last July, Peter, Maya, and Janet and I were touring Montmartre. We walked up on this interesting street band. It was yet another "photographer's buffet" as Bob Crowe likes to say. The four of us must have taken hundreds of photos. I don't know why I've held onto these for 8 months! I've decided you might enjoy seeing them for the next few days in a series rather than here and there.

Today the leader who played the trumpet and sang as well. I polled my trusty companions and they all agreed that he was probably an American ex-pat. He looked and sounded like he'd spent many nights in some very smoky bars! I loved the cup he used to mute his horn.

9 comments:

Louis la Vache said...

Great! «Louis» looks forward to seeing the rest of this series!

Were these photos taken at Place du Tertre?

Julie said...

Very revealing portraiture here, VJ. Especially the monochrome.

Maya said...

Oh V! Your people shots are amazing! These turned out so much better than mine. I love the cup too!

Daryl said...

What a fabulous face ...

Starman said...

How clever, when he isn't using the cup to mute his horn, he can use it to drink wine.

Janet M Kincaid said...

Fabulous! Now you're making me think I should go back through my photos from that day and see what I can find in my pictures of this group. V, your people photography skills are AMAZING!

Yvi said...

Great portrait shots...

Virginia said...

Louis,
No in the square by that wonderful old church. I can look up the name if you're dying to know! :)

Maya and J, Well you and I both know your portraits are every bit as good!!!

Yvi,
Thank you for your visits and nice comments!

Starman,
I'm thinking there has been some wine in that cup!

Julie and Daryl,
Oh doesn't his face say a lot. I really did enjoy his singing and their playing. What a great Paris moment!

TheChieftess said...

Love, love, love your people shots!!!