Friday, March 26, 2010

Musique Dans Les Rues III - la Danseuse



Of all the interesting people I've photographed in France, this lady has to be one of the most intriguing. She seemed to dance in her own "world" for lack of a better description. Often she closed her eyes and just seemed to let the music move her. She seemd rather oblivious to the spectators and even the band members. Another "Paris moment" I'll always remember.

I really struggled with which two photographs to share with you today. I hope you won't mind if I post several more later.

11 comments:

Shell Sherree said...

Exquisite!! And have an exquisite weekend, V!

PeterParis said...

I guess we were all of us curious to know more about her and the singer... Their life stories? A couple? ... Good that you finally published! I never did!

MadAboutParis said...

And just what color were those snazzy shoes???

Daryl said...

Amazingly she looks like my friend Wendy, seriously, I wish I had a photo of her to show you.

Virginia said...

Peter,
You should. I would love to see how you captured this group that day. And yes, wouldn't you love to know about them. Such interesting faces etc. We were in the right place at the right time weren't we. The Parisian photography gods were smiling on us again! :)

Daryl,
How funny!

Mary,
Pewter.

Merci Shell!

Starman said...

Considering her age, she was probably dancing with an ancient memory.

Dianne said...

great pix ! I took a photo of this lady singing on the "Pont Ille
St Louis" with a small group of musicians - she is wearing green and the very same shoes. I stood and watched her dance for about an hour. What a character !!
Dianne

Cafe Observer said...

This foto combo goes to get her very we!!

Virginia said...

Puddinglane,
Oh my ! I can't believe you found her as well. Yes, she was in green. I will need to know more. How wonderful that you saw her as well.
V

kostas said...

Wonderful images.

Maya said...

I loved watching her dance! She was captivating. Nice shots of her too!