Monday, August 10, 2009

Dinner on rue Mouffetard

Rue Mouffetard, in the 5th arrondissement, is just blocks from where we stayed in Paris.  It's just the most charming place.  Cobblestone streets, a daily street market, incredibly interesting looking characters and many,  many restaurants and cafes to choose from.  I could have taken photographs there every single day and most days I did!  We sat outside one night last week and had dinner. The top photo was taken looking down the street.  The bottom photo is our cute waitress and her friend having a little smoke break.  

We'll take a "day trip" down rue Mouffetard sometime soon.


6 comments:

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

I love these photos. Your site is making me long to go back to Paris. I love the cute little cafes and local scenes. I love the Louvre after dark and the Moulin Rouge. I was pulled on stage one night at the Moulin rouge many, many years ago for a skit. I was very embarrassed back then. Today I would think it was a hoot. Thanks for your comments on my site. I am glad you liked the solar eclipse photos. Also, because you like to travel, you might be interested in our travel photos site at www.vivalavoyage.com. We have India photos posted and will put up new travel photos each Sunday. Keep on blogging!

Julie said...

You must have stayed very close to where I stayed in October 2003: Rue Galande. Terrific location and would do same appartmente again. We only did Mouffetard on our last two days. Will rectify that next time.

Two Aussie bloggers are currently barging through France: Peter from Sunshine Coast and Michael from Melbourne. You can read their postcards via my side bar.

alice said...

And red shoes at Le Petit Gibus! ;-))

Maya said...

I miss sitting out on the Parisian streets having dinner. When are we going back??

Karen said...

Wonderful photos. They are making me impatient for October. I'll be in the
6th but will be sure to wander over to the 5th. Looks like a nice place to have dinner and take photos.

Daryl said...

I would love to be sitting there sipping some wine ...