Saturday, August 8, 2009

Window Shopping


My friend Altadenhiker, whose blog is one of my very very favs honored me last week with a post about moi!  I was flattered and offered to return the favor. Alas I don't have her way with words. Never have and probably never will.  Her posts have moved me to tears and made me holler out loud with laughter.  She is as we say down here, "something else!"  It's been said that a picture is worth a thousand words,  so today KB, this one's for you.  Something tells me this might have been you once upon a time!

Travel Update: I finally arrived back in Birmingham today (Saturday) at 12:30 pm! I spent last night at a hotel in Atlanta and took the Airport Express home from there this morning. For the gory details and photos, check my Birmingham blog today: http//birminghamalabamadailyphoto.blogspot.com

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sweetheart. I love this picture. Welcome back and sleep tight.

(How do you know me so well?)

Lowell said...

Such a lovely photo...touching, really!

Ah, the dreams we have of the things we want or think we want...

P.S. I checked out Altadenhiker. Mmmm, good! Tell her Claude says "Bonjour!"

Jean Spitzer said...

Great photo. I'm glad you made it back.

Bob Crowe said...

Welcome home, safe and sound. You must have been on Useless Airways. Now, about that jet lag…

Virginia said...

B,
No jet lag pour moi. I went to bed at 12 last night and got up at 6:45. When you're young it doesn't affect you!HA

Jacob ( Claude),
I looked all over Paris for you! :)

Jean,
Thanks!

AH,
I just knew some how.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Off with her head. I do see so many Alice in Wonderland refs. A comical scene to end with now you are finally home.

Anonymous said...

I gave a Huntington tour today and there was a lovely, elegant woman from Virginia who turned out to be a total cut-up. We got along famously. Guess who she reminded me of?

Virginia said...

AH,
Get on your knees and pray I'm never on your Huntington tour. You'll think "cut up"!! :)
V

Maya said...

What a great moment you've captured! I think that girl will grow up to be a shopper for sure!

Daryl said...

Ah.. she will surely grow into Fashionista status ...