Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mercredi ( Wednesday) at the Palais Royal

The children love Mercredi in Paris. There is no school!  Bless their hearts, they go to school till around  5:00 the rest of the week (and the older ones on Saturday mornings as well). They need a break! I ventured to the Palais Royal on a Wednesday afternoon. What I found was a photographer's feast! Small children ran around the fountains while this group of boys had a grand time playing a rowdy game of soccer and zipping in and out on their scooters,  seemingly oblivious to the wonderful art and architecture around them.  



"Boy Stuff"

"Just Curious!"

" Pick Up Soccer Game in le Gallery d 'Orleans"

Coming Friday.... Guest Blogger Peter, Peter's Paris, will share some of his 
night photos!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Paris, Rennes, Avranche, Nice, all the big and all the nooks and crannies of this wonderful country. Can't wait to see more photos.

Jill said...

Paris certainly has provided lots of spaces for kids to be kids. What a 'grand' playground! I love that fountain with the reflection globes.

alice said...

I love this series! But I'm sorry to disappoint Jill, I don't think it's easy to be a kid in Paris, there is no many places to run and play...

PeterParis said...

I hope you are not overdoing the piblicity for the "great event" on Friday! :-)

Alice, I feel that it's really improving, but perhaps more for the youngest ones.

Once more, you have captured something special ... don't know how you make it, although I have watched you in action rather carefully! :-)

Unknown said...

Glad you tell us it's a soccer game or I would think it was some bulling action... Nice captures, V.

Virginia said...

Peter of course you appearance will be a grand event on Friday. And your color photographs look even better since I desaturated them- just kidding of course.

We are counting on some good places for kids to play as well!!

JM, it does rather look like bullying but soccer is a physical game I guess!

Altadenahiker, thanks for stopping in. How much do I owe you=ha!!!

Jane Hards Photography said...

It's football, I know it so well. These are very sweet and cheeky little urchin images. I hope Santa has something nice for them for cooperating with the the photographer.

tr3nta said...

the kids playing, are really good shots.

Unknown said...

Sure, Virginia! The thing is I haven't seen the ball.... lol!

Unknown said...

Now I can clearly see the ball! Thanks, V. :-)