Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Le Verre a Pied II


Back to one of the places I have visited many, many times. It's on rue Mouffetard, and I shared some prints of photos I'd taken with the owner on my last visit. I have fond memories of a few years ago when I had breakfast there and realized I'd left my euros in my room up the street. With my poor French, he understood and let me bring the payment back. I have never forgotten his kindness.  It was nice to reconnect with him.

To repay his kindness, I had a nice lunch there that same day.

I have another reason for featuring Café Nemours today.  Recently I found some delightful black and white drawings of Paris on Etsy.  Artist Annie Poon's Nemours scene caught my eye and I purchased it.  Annie was kind enough to include an extra 8x10 print for a GIVEAWAY!  Thank you Annie for your generosity.  Now all you have to do is leave a comment if you want to enter. I'll draw a lucky winner on Thursday so come back then to see if  your name was drawn!

20 comments:

TheChieftess said...

Looks like a charming place!

This is Belgium said...

do I want to go out to lunch with you if you tend to forget your pocketbook? :-) !!

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Charming place and people !

Joe said...

How nice to meet such considerate people in this inviting Bistro.

Leif Hagen said...

Salut chere V de B! How I missed your Paris blog during my trip to India but now I'm back for a daily dose of Paris through your lens! I'm all caught up on your blog!

Jewel Yet to Find said...

Very welcoming. I bet it smells delicious even steps away.

Alain said...

Une adresse à retenir quand on est fauché.

Daryl said...

I cant imagine a person would ever be able to say no to you Virg!

The Clever Pup said...

I love Rue Mouffetard. I don't remember this place though. I ate at Le Piano Muet were the waitress stood over me as I tried to eat the hottest onion soup I've ever had. The place WAS small. I stayed at the Hotel du Pantheon, sort of at the top of the hill and around the corner.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Rue Mouffetard has something for everyone and you found a gem!

Your beautiful photos are up on the Belle Inspiration magazine today... gorgeous!

Bises,
Genie

Virginia said...

Genie, I haven't seen them. I think Mimi is sending me a widget for the blog.

Alain, bien sûr! LOL

Anni, I promise to remember my purse!

Pup, oh I know that hotel. I think it has a wonderful view!

Janey and Co. said...

You have face that can be trusted...and sounds like you are becoming a "regular"

Dorette said...

Mouffetard, how do I love thee? Let me count the fromage! I remember walking past here with my group of Teen-Chefs - and even though it was raining it was magique. After de jeuner we went to Eric Kayser up on Rue cocncoMonge.

Diane said...

Ive written it in my book for my next visit. Lovely x

Malyss said...

Very inviting place!

Anne said...

S'wonderful!

AL said...

This picture just looks and smells of Paris....I love these small cafe. Your tale of trust and kindness when you forgot your money in very endearing V.

C. R. Spooner said...

Your photograph is alive and your lovely story makes it even more so.

Jack said...

I love your idea of returning with a photo for the owner. He probably lives his life in a way that touches multiple people every day, in just the way he touched you. But, having you return in a later year with a great photo of him and his cafe must have been a very special experience for him.

M said...

What a wonderful story ... I find the French are lovely, kind people and very tolerant of those of us speaking un très petit peu d' français. I must dine there next time!