Saturday, June 19, 2010

Marche Creation de la Bastille

How could I resist this shot of the artist and his baguette?

This one is for Eiffel Tower Suzy

This morning Mary and I headed all the way to the 20 eme to the Grande Brocante-Quartier Saint-Blaise. Over 600 dealers offered a wide variety of ............JUNQUE! Mary and I decided there wasn't one thing we wanted to buy but it was worth the trip for the experience and the photo ops. I will tell you what we learned, no matter the country, everyone's tacky junk looks all the same! While we were there we did enjoy a little look at the cemitiere Eglise Saint Germain de Charonne behind the church.
We took the metro/bus back to Bastille for the Marche de la Creation Bastille and really enjoyed seeing the artwork there. After a nice lunch, we rested for a bit. Good thing, because we met fellow bloggers Janet Kincaid and Maya Lucchita and some of their friends at the Musee d'Orsay at five and wandered the area behind the museum. A short rain shower drove us inside a nearby cafe for wine and much laughing and chatting. A delicious dinner in Montparnasse capped the evening off. Another late night and long day. Bonsoir!

17 comments:

Shell Sherree said...

"...no matter the country, everyone's tacky junk looks all the same!" Hee hee ~ oh, please say it isn't so, V! There goes one of my romantic French notions. ;) So happy for you being there, and such a lovely social time you're having as well. {Suzy will get a kick out of this!} Bonsoir!

Harriet said...

Eiffel Tower Suzy is going to LOVE this photo. I'm wondering what they are made of.

Alexa said...

You may have found junk at the Grande Brocante—but I love the kitchy ETs, and so will Suzy! And there's definitely nothing junky about the baguette-biting boy. How could you resist indeed! Sounds like you're making the most of this trip.

Petrea Burchard said...

Agreed, Alexa, the man is not junky at all. Suzy will be pleased with him and with her ETs.

Love to Janet and Maya!

Jilly said...

Another wonderful day! Oh yes, love the shot. Rather delicious in fact - man AND baguette.

Anonymous said...

V- It certainly seems like you were all over town today!

Virginia said...

Merci! I knew the ladies would approve of the artist I shot at the art faire! :) I will show some photos of the brocante another day!

TheChieftess said...

I'm sure we all had visions of Paris junque being much more extraordinaire than our own...a sad realization, but in a strange way, unifying!!! How can you hate someone who throws away the same crap you do???

You are living the dream V!!! Have another glass of wine and a macaron for all of us!!!

♥ E.T. Suzy ♥ said...

Everyone together now-

EIFFEL TOWER!
EIFFEL TOWER!!
EIFFEL TOWER!!!

I'm in heaven! Wheeee! Thanks Ms. V!

Bettina said...

I'm back home from my wonderful 4 day retreat, and first thing I had to check up on the blogs.
Hope you're having a wonderful time in Paris, Virginia (I know you are). Love all the new photos.
You know what will come next ;o) :
I only wish I could be there too !!!

jb said...

OMG! You need to talk to someone about this problem, V....

C. L. Hanson said...

Virginia -- It was really great meeting you and Mary for lunch and dinner in Paris yesterday, and thanks for your cards! You have some gorgeous photos of Paris -- I'll be checking them out on your blogs! :D

Starman said...

You're certainly not wasting any time during this trip. Wish I had your energy.

Mister Earl said...

I've never known you to resist a baguette yet, V! I must admit, I thought at first glance that the orange Eiffel Tower was a slingshot taken in a sporting goods store!

WV: bigmese. That too!

Virginia said...

Starman,
WE had a very long day and got thrown off the Metro at almost midnight and had to find a cab. Good grief. I'm too old for this nonsense!
V

Daryl said...

Junque! J'adore junque ...

Starman said...

Yeah, you've got to be careful of the métro after midnight. We got stuck at the Bastille station one time and had to walk to Place de la République. Luckily, I could do it easily in those days.