Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Le chapeau violet

Shakespeare & Company

One can stay in Paris for days, weeks, months and never tire of photographing the many beautiful buildings. parks and monuments.  When I'm there, of course I love that, but what I'm always in search of are those moments when you capture an image that had you been a minute too early or too late.......you would have missed.  I think this gentleman seated behind this suitcase full of books ( which I've photographed on other trips ) was just such a shot.  Actually, I had more than a minute.  He sat through several snaps, perhaps in awe of what the crazy américain photographer was doing, and then I wandered off and came back and he was still there,  so I took that to mean I needed to give it another go.  Merci Monsieur ( looking good in that purple cap) !

18 comments:

Alain said...

Vieilles valises et caisses de vin pour livres anglais entassés n'importe comment. Le plaisir, c'est de fouiller.

Elizabeth at Eiffel Tells said...

I never cease to tire of the characters of Paris - always good subject matter but not always easy to capture on camera.
Bonne semaine

PS. Your number of followers has mushroomed - congratulations and well deserved.

Joe said...

He does look a little bemused by the attention.

mauropucci said...

Uno scatto molto simpatico che rende bene l'atmosfera di Parigi.
Un saluto
Mauro

Leif Hagen said...

How did you come up with the photo title, V de B?
Love his display of books!
Bonne journee

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Violet, rouge, orange...! J'adore les tous! Bien vu!

This is Belgium said...

books and wine in Paris, what could be better?
guess where I am heading off to tomorrow?
and guess what else, my bracelet arrived today, just in time to wear tomorrow
belle journée
anni

Catherine said...

He looks like a real character......

Alexa said...

Well done as always, V! Monsieur looks like a scruffy version of my dad, who would have loved this bookstore even more than I do.

jennyfreckles said...

When I am old I shall wear purple.... (and spend all day browsing old book stalls).

Anonymous said...

What is the music that I hear in the background? I love it!

Anne said...

Il est tres gentil, non?

Unknown said...

This is exactly the type of photograph I love to take...having said that I never compose and manage it quite as brilliantly as you...it's perfect ;-)
Catherine
xx

PerthDailyPhoto said...

J'adore this image Virginia, it's just so....Paris! Monsieur does look a little bemused!

Daryl said...

So charming .. right up my alley ..

My name is Riet said...

Love the purple hat,looks good in it.

James said...

What a neat shot! Perhaps a new Sesame Street Character (Pierre the Bookworm)? :p

Paris Rendez-vous and Beyond said...

Le chapeau violet....j'adore! I would love to have a rummage through that suitcase Virginia...well, in about 3 weeks that is exactly what I'll be doing! Hope so anyway!!!