Monday, October 24, 2016

Tombées du camion


Paris is chock full of charming and unusual shops that might take a bit of looking but are well worth the effort. Several years ago, I bought *Paris Made By Hand, a treasure of a handbook featuring Paris' most unusual shops by arrondissement. It took some searching but Peter and Mary helped me find it. Tombées du camion, which means "fell off the truck" is a tiny shop full of an electic mix of unusual finds. This is a place that although hard to explain, is a photographer's paradise.

Tombées du camion
17 rue Joseph de Maistre
75018 Paris

* Of note: I recommend doing a search online for any shops you might want to visit as I've found that since the book was written, several have closed. 

3 comments:

French Girl in Seattle said...

This looks like a fun store, and in a great location too! I may want to swing by and check it out next time I am in town. Merci, V.! --- Véronique

Jeanie said...

Fabulous light! And a great tip on the shops.

William Kendall said...

Definitely a lot of appeal for the photographer!