Friday, July 22, 2016

Les huîtres



A few years ago, my friend introduced me to an audiobook he was certain I would love. Meet Paris Oyster: A Love Affair with the Perfect Food, by Mirielle Giuliano. The author's words with her enchanting French accent mixes memories of her childhood and her life in Paris enjoying them at Huîterie Régis, along with fascinating information about the wide range of oysters available in France.

I always enjoying stopping and enjoying the seafood stands found outside Paris restaurants and seafood shops, such as this! If enjoying them in Paris for the first time, you Americans will be interested to note that they are never served with any kind of cocktail sauce or crackers. Expect instead, small slices of a thin rye bread and a tiny cup of vinegar with minced shallots. Délicieux!

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

My aversion to seafood would make me go off in search of a bakery or chocolatier instead!

David L said...

thumbs up V