Saturday, January 31, 2015

Another Reason I Love Paris


This was the day I spent all alone, wandering up one street, across a bridge, down another. At last, late in the afternoon, I was on my way to meet friends for wine and later dinner. I underestimated the route to the café by a long shot. At first I was put out, but decided it was yet another Paris moment when I could wander this street in the Marais to my destination. As I poked along, I looked up, which is a wonderful thing to do in Paris. What's up is often the best choice. As I approached this group of flats covered in vines ( be still my heart), I spotted this window lit from within. I forgot all about my long walk and knew I'd found another treasure.

6 comments:

PeterParis said...

Yes, nice! Looking up is important... and of course left and right! :-)

The Furry Gnome said...

We were in Paris for a few days last summer and saw the locks on one of the bridges (beside the back of Notre Dame). At the time we were fascinated, but didn't think too much about the negative side. You've opened my eyes to a whole different perspective, and I think I agree with you. Nice blog you have.

AsAeenBySusan said...

I agree! Looking up or down is where I often find my best photo shots. I so enjoy your photos and blog. Merci for sharing!

William Kendall said...

Very pretty indeed!

Unknown said...

Ah Paris, nice shot Virginia.

Alexa said...

Everywhere you look (you just have to look)—treasures hidden in plain sight! Wonderful, V.