Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ma Journée à Paris V - Miam Miam!



After a nice lunch at the very down to earth Le Rubis,  I decided to have my dessert at a place I should have visited YEARS ago, Angelina's.  I can hear you asking, "What on earth took you so long?"  My only excuse is that usually there is a line out on the sidewalk to get in,  so I always waited for a better time. Well this was my time.  I sat at a tiny little table next to a lovely woman from the U.S. on her first trip to Paris, and we both all but clapped our hands when the waitress put this steaming pitcher of chocolat chaud in front of us. Why I ordered ice cream as well will remain unanswered.  They graciously allowed me to make photographs and I snapped the first photos with my phone, but decided I liked the dripping chocolat shot the best, so you could experience the decadence. Bon appétit indeed!

225 rue de Rivoli
75001 Paris

7 comments:

James said...

J'aime leur chocolat chaud l'Africain!

I try to go to Angelina every time I'm in Paris. Usually I've been lucky but this trip the lines where long. Thankfully on my last day in Paris I got lucky. Miam-miam!

One year I bought the hot chocolate mix in their shop and made it at home but it wasn't the same.

William Kendall said...

I'd enjoy it in there!

Amanda said...

I love hot chocolate and I have to say that I haven't had a good one in SoCal. It is always a little off. Like caviar and blinis in Moscow, paella in Spain… it just doesn't taste the same back home.

Alexa said...

If you asked me the one place in the world I'd like to have chocolat chaud, this would be it. I bet it was beyond delish, V!

RedPat said...

Yummy!

Jack said...

Perfect! It looks like a fine place to enjoy a bit of decadence.

All the best in the coming year.

Allax said...

Love Angelina's - Coco's fave spot for a hot chocolate and Audrey Hepburn a regular - did an eclair takeout last time - oh la la