Friday, May 30, 2014

Les souvenirs


In June 2009, I was lucky enough to spend three weeks in Paris with daughter Melissa and her Eva and Davis.  Having the gift of time in Paris, we were able to enjoy the city at a more leisurely pace. An added bonus was the arrival of our  Birmingham friends the Wilsons,  who just happened to be staying at the Palais Royal.  I think one of my very fondest memories of that trip was the late afternoon we joined them in the gardens. The adults sipped wine and the children got the wonderful chance to just be kids in Paris!  They played Follow the Leader around the Pol Bury Fountains, made little houses in the white, powdery "Paris dirt", and ran from one end of the gardens to the other.  It was a late afternoon in Paris I will never forget.

I think I will share a few more photos with you this week of that special day. 

8 comments:

Joe said...

Some things are not meant to be forgotten V. What a memorable day you had.

Alain said...

C'est vrai qu'il y a des journées particulières.

William Kendall said...

That's an amazing fountain... very unusual, too.

Stuart said...

And hopefully the kids will never forget either. I wish I had had the opportunity to travel abroad as a kid. I believe it would have changed my live.

Alexa said...

Was this your introduction to the Palais Royal that you love so much, V?

Virginia said...

Alexa, no Peter Olson took me there in November, 2008, my second trip. Another wonderful place he has introduced me to. :)
V

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh you are SO lucky to be so close to my favourite city Virginia.. for me (terrified of flying) it's a 24hour trip and tres espensive.. How fab that your grandchildren are enjoying it alongside you, precious memories!

Jack said...

I might have let the adults drink wine and followed a child leader.