Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Re- Bonjour


I'm often asked why I yearn to return to Paris over and over again.  Today is a fine example.  I photographed this friendly sidewalk artist at Place des Vosges the first time in July, 2009.  This last trip, I found him again, in the very same spot, with the same wonderful smile.  Question answered.

And may I take a moment to thank my French language expert, Veronique for being my very faithful translator for this blog. She makes me look so good and when my French fails, it's because I didn't ask her first!  She has a fabulous blog, French Girl in Seattle, and I hope you will all start following her blog! 

9 comments:

Joe said...

One of the many convivial characters you have encountered V.

Stuart said...

That's a wonderful portrait. The B&W was a good choice. Now I'm wondering how I can find someone to follow me around here and correct all my French mistakes.

Jeanie said...

I hope he gets to see this portrait -- it is remarkable. All the details but mostly the personality of the man... outstanding.

William Kendall said...

That's a marvelous portrait!

Anonymous said...

I love the face and the title.

Alexa said...

I'd never have to ask why you return again and again! This a a wonderful portrait—you have a real gift for it, V.

Starman said...

Anyone who asks why you keep returning, has never been there!

Alain said...

Un joli portrait d'un Français qui a un petit air British...

Jack said...

Re-Bonjour . . . did Veronique suggest that? (So, Virginia, how many French men follow you around every visit?)