Wednesday, September 19, 2012

PTML On The Road -The French Rendez-vous à Cincinnati



Leave it to my Paris travel amie Mary Gilbert to find a very French shop for us to visit on my trip to Cincinnati last week.

Meet Sylvain, owner of French Rendez-vous.  Sylvain a Parisian, was a delight, and Mary and I had great fun pouring over all the wonderful ceramics, soaps, lotions, and most of the fabrics that he brings to Cincinnati from France. His website  makes it possible for all of us to order them at costs much lower than you'd expect.

Sylvain is also a very talented song writer and musician.  As a special treat, I will share today his original song he wrote and filmed while he lived in Paris.  J'adore!

I hope you will stay tuned tomorrow for a look around the shop!

13 comments:

Shell Sherree said...

There's a shop I'd love, V! I've had a very enjoyable time getting lost amongst the toiles de jouy in Sylvain's online store, then humming along to his song. What an adventure without even leaving home.

Joe said...

What a wonderful find. I'll get the Beaujolais ready for tomorrow's tour.

Malyss said...

How pleasant to see the french flag so far away from home! I guess Sylvain is a perfect ambassador!

M said...

Lovely! Fond regards to you and Mary!

Janey and Co. said...

I've bookmarked his website...and I loved the video.Proves how lovely Paris is even with gray skies! Thanks V!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm swooning Virginia, j'adore aussi. How beautiful Paris looks always! What a wonderful find on your trip, I have a feeling we have a similar sort of shop here in Perth, you've inspired me to go in search!!

Kristie said...

V, I love this song and the video too! I hope you don't mind, I shared this on my FB page for others to see it too. He has such a beautiful voice. Now, I am heading over to his website to check it out.

How exciting for you and your friend to find him. I bet it felt like you were back in France! :)

TheChieftess said...

Oh! You Francophile you!!!

Jack said...

Nice portrait, Virginia. Up North, eh? Though Cincinnati is the most Southern of the Northern cities.

Alexa said...

Looks like there's lots to like in Sylvain's shop (and I love his chanson). Have to wonder how he found his way to Cincinnati!

Anonymous said...

I am always delighted when I find little French shops or restaurants around my other travels. In fact I live for it. It's like home away from home. C'est magnigique! Je ne peut pas esperer pour le tour :)

Rose Chandler Johnson said...

Oh la la! Quelle jolie site. Je l'adore. Merci mille fois.
Je suis professeur de francais.
http://www.writemomentswithgod.blogspot.com

Starman said...

Love his song!