Monday, December 27, 2010

100 French Strangers - Thé à la Menthe



French Stranger #71

Last summer ma chère amie Mary took me on a wild goose chase ( I have no idea what THAT would be in French) to the 20 eme for the Grand Brocante.  As I've shared previously, it left a lot to be desired but what it lacked in fine French antiques to be had for a song, it made up for with delightful people that we met along the way.  This young boy was selling hot mint tea and baklava.  Mary and I of course had to have some as he was just a delight as you can see here.

12 comments:

Alexa said...

He actually looks happy to be there! What a charming shot, V—but I love all your French strangers.

Maya said...

Is this the equivalent to a lemonade stand? ;)

Virginia said...

Alexa,
He was so sweet and polite and the thé chaud was actually very good! In fact, I'm having some this morning as well!

Maya,
HA, oui!

jb said...

That would be a chasse oie sauvage

Virginia said...

jb,
That's a good one! you participated in one with us I believe in Paris!

jb said...

Or


wild-goose chase n
figurative, informal (pointless search)
quête futile nf

MadAboutParis said...

He was adorable and IMHO it was a great excursion into a VERY non-touristy "hood" - AND we also discovered that charming little church cemetery where you took some mighty fine shots! Stick with me babe!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

... and don't wander off! (jk)

This fella is a cutie and I would love what he is selling... nice portrait, V.

Have you gone with Mad to the pet cemetery yet?

TheChieftess said...

Love hot mint tea!!! And Baklava!!!

Julie said...

He will grow to be a fine street merchandiser. When do you fly out

Starman said...

How much for a thé and a baklava?

T. Becque said...

Love the sweetness of this. 100 French strangers - wonderful! I'm doing 100 strangers, but I'm only on #10 as I have been for some time :{