Monday, March 2, 2015

La Fontaine

I feel certain this lovely small fountain at Luxembourg Gardens has a name and perhaps my readers will share that with all of us. As our group sauntered from L'orangerie, Joe and I stopped for multiple photo ops here. Funny, when I take a photo it's often for one reason,  but when I view on my computer with time to contemplate, I sometimes see it in a new way. Now it's evident that the fountain, with its lovely sculptural leaves were cast in copper so that they would take on this lovely green patina. J'adore.

5 comments:

Harriet said...

So beautiful! The lovely fountain, the marble wall, and the backdrop of that grand old tree. The many textures and colors make this a wonderful photo - I can almost hear the water......

William Kendall said...

The entire effect as a whole is quite lovely, Virginia. Those sculpted leaves make it all the more so.

Alexa said...

If this pretty fountain has a name, I don't know what it is. How about "la fontaine de Virginie"?

Anonymous said...

Charmant !

Joe said...

If only this fountain could speak of its passers by their would be stories a plenty V.