Friday, May 29, 2015

Cimetière Montmartre


Of course the tour books tell you to run not walk to Cimetière Père Lachaise, and  you should if you have the time in Paris needed to get there and trust me, a day is not long enough to see it all. Might I recommend Cimetière Montmartre? I thank my friend Peter for taking me there a few times. It's a nice walk down the hill and much smaller. I think you will find it's a great alternative Paris cemetery experience.

Cimetière Montmartre
20 Avenue Rachel
75018 Paris

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Rick and I were lucky enough to visit Montmartre with Peter, too, and it was the highlight day of our trip to Paris, even if it was raining while we were there. That's what umbrellas are for! Peter knew all the places he thought we would like to see -- a wonderful, easy to manage discovery for us! This photo is a lovely reminder.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful in black and white!

Alexa said...

Next time (and maybe with Peter, if I'm lucky)!

MadAboutParis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.