Thursday, February 19, 2015

Mon Ami



Back in July, 2009, I met the charming gentleman on the right. He had heard of Birmingham, Alabama from some friends who had shopped there before and he asked, "Madame, if I come to Birmingham, what should I see first?" I didn't bat an eye and said, "Moi, Monsieur!" He laughed and we have been friends ever since. This trip in 2012, I took a photo I'd taken that day and he proudly showed it to his coworkers. E. Dehillerin is the premier place for cookware in Paris. I like to say if they don't stock it, you don't need it. Ina Garten shops here and that's good enough for me. I've never bought a thing but I always stop in and say, "Bonjour" to my friends there. 

8 comments:

Joe said...

What a brilliant reply and wonderful introduction V. I will remember it.

Julie said...

A most VJ response!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You had me at 'premier place for cookware' Virginia :) what a super way to make a new friend :)

Jeanie said...

I'm all for shopping where Ina shops -- especially if cooking is involved! And what a charming handsome man. I hope he pays you a visit!

JudyMac said...

And they say the French are hard to make friends with. Sometimes a smile and a friendly word really works, especially from a Southerner with a nice accent. Way to go!

William Kendall said...

Quite a place to pop into!

Alexa said...

I loved coming here with you in 2013. And I remember that your friend was very happy to see you! (Wonder if he'd give you a discount if you ever did want to buy something. :~}

bestefar said...

It's a small world. I've been shopping a E. Dehillerin since 1997. I remember talking to this guy several times. In 1999 0r 2002 (can't remember), I bought several copper pots and pans from him. It's a great store. Chuck Williams, the gentleman who started Williams-Sonoma, got the idea from visiting this store after WWII.