Thursday, August 7, 2014

Les nécessités



People often ask me why I return to Paris over and over. They assume that I've seen it all many times by now.  That couldn't be farther from the truth. There is so much of Paris I've yet to savor, my list is still a mile long.  Last November, Peter took us up Rue de Belville for a look at an area I'd not seen before.   Belville, which includes parts of the 10, 11, 19 and 20 arrondissements, is quite colorful in many ways.  It is a rich mixture of many cultures, especially Asian, Arab and Jewish.  This grafitti wall was most certainly not to be missed by our band of three photographers!

10 comments:

Joe said...

I love the brightness of it all V. Vibrant and honest.

Elizabeth at Eiffel Tells said...

The composition as well as the colour of this image is appealing. I never tire of photos of Paris - there is so much to discover and each photographer has their own perspective of the city.

PeterParis said...

Next time we must climb higher up on the hill! :-) Still a lot to be seen!

sillygirl said...

I think the more I see and learn about Paris the more I realize I haven't seen and don't know. I didn't go to Paris the first time thinking I would love it - she had to prove herself - and she has. I have no hope of every learning french or appearing french but Paris has grown in my heart. Why is that?

William Kendall said...

Quite a dynamic looking wall, Virginia!

This is Belgium said...

lots and lots and lots more I have not yet seen ...
next time I want to join you in your adventures

This is Belgium said...

when is next time :)

Virginia said...

Peter, yes the parc at the top of the VERY long hill is a must. Perhaps a day when we'd not walked a million miles or a Metro stop closer to the top???
V

Alexa said...

Sorry I missed this outing with you, V. It's on my list for next time—hoping that things are not too "political" up there then.

Jack said...

Bravo, Virginia!!! Though I am not a fan of graffiti, I love the fact that you captured this man against such a vibrant and colorful background. AND, that he is suavely carrying a pack of toilet paper without even putting it in a bag. Next time I shop for TP, I am going to stand tall and stride from the store with my TP on proud display.