Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Un poulet svp


 

I have had the pleasure of meeting and photographing this delightful man since June, 2009.  I always stop by and say, "Bonjour" and he always welcomes me with a warm smile and delicious roasted chickens on rue Mouffetard.  I love reconnecting with wonderful Parisian friends when I visit.

UPDATE: Thanks to Jeff's comment and Alexa's help, I have connected with Christophe and his lovely wife Janice who is a talented writer and artist and blogger. You can follow her blog here!
Blog world gets smaller and smaller!

12 comments:

Joe said...

A terrific black and white portrait of a friend V.

c'est Jeff ici said...

And you can read all about him in Janice McLeod's wonderful book "Paris Letters".

La Petite Gallery said...

he looks like a sweet man. How is the chicken?

yvonne

Paulita said...

His face is full of character.

William Kendall said...

A splendid portrait!

Alexa said...

I took a picture of him too—not sure I realized that he's a friend of yours! Anyway, I love your portrait.

Virginia said...

C'est Jeffrey ici, I will have to find this book.!
V

Jack said...

He looks happy to see you.

Janice MacLeod said...

That is in fact my husband, the lovely Christophe from the travel memoir I wrote called Paris Letters. Jeff I'm amazed you put two and two together! Now I must go over and take photos of the handsome butcher... and ask him what he wants for lunch.

Virginia said...

Jeff, thanks to you and Alexa, I have connected with Christophe's wife who writes a blog that I will now follow. She and I have had a lovely email conversation and she said the photo I took in 2009 hangs in their kitchen! IT's a very small blog world.

Here's a link to Janice's blog:http://janicemacleod.com/

Janice MacLeod said...

It's a lovely photo of a lovely man. I'm delighted to have it hanging in my kitchen.

Parisbreakfasts said...

He is extrement delightful!
La bon gout Virginia