Sunday, July 15, 2012

Capture the Colour

My dear blog friend Francesca in  Australia has a delightful travel photoblog, Postcard Pictures.  Recently she entered Travel Supermarkets Capture the Color photography contest.  Each entry posts five photographs featuring the colors red, blue, yellow, green and white.  In addition you then invite five other bloggers to participate.  She kindly included me so today my offerings.

RED

January 2011, we arrived in Paris on a chilly, rainy morning.  I flung open the windows of our apartment on rue Saint Roch to have a look and spotted this lady with her rouge umbrells coming my way.  I will admit that I had to stand in the window sill to get this shot. It was worth it.  If this photo looks familiar, it's because it is of course the cover of my book, Paris Rouge Through My Lens!

BLUE

Twilight shoot at the Louvre is magical. The reflection of the sky and the pools took my breath.  An evening in Paris I won't forget.

GREEN



The rose gardens still blooming in late November, as seen through this interesting window at the Musée Carnavalet.  


YELLOW


Café Nemours at Place Colette is one of my favorite places to sit outside and people watch.  In January, it proved to be a cozy spot for a hot cup of tea.  My favorite table has this wonderful view of le Louvre just down the street.


WHITE

La neige.  Oh it snowed the first night we were in Paris in 2011!   That morning, we awoke to the city blanketed in white.  As we walked through the gardens of the Palais Royal on our way to catch the Metro, I got this shot. It remains one of my fondest Paris memories and favorite photographs.

Now I must invite 5 bloggers who may choose to join the contest:





26 comments:

Joe said...

Hi V ... All five photographs are terrific but the one that stands out for me is the snow scene. Very impressive. Good Luck from J.

Unknown said...

Virginia these are wonderful. I especially love the blue - but then I am drawn back again and again to the white - I love your perspective on Paris. It's unique! Good luck F x

Shell Sherree said...

I can't choose. {Please don't make me. ;) } Stunners, V, all of them. And standing in the window sill to take the first one ~ well, the things you zany photographers do for the perfect shot.

Vreni said...

Wonderful photos! My favourite is the one of the Louvre, I wish I would have taken this photo. I will pack my red umbrella tonight and tomorrow early in the morning I will take the plane to ... Paris!

Unknown said...

Fantastic, V! I remember all these shots except the snow pic. WOW!
I think I will join the fun on August 8 as it will be the 4th anniversary of Oeiras DP so it will also work as a kind of a little 'blog flashback'. Until then I'll have the time to choose 5 photos. Thank you so much for the invitation.

My name is Riet said...

What a beautiful series of photo's. I love all your colours. Great idea such a contest.
Have a nice Sunday

Melinda Larson-Horne said...

Beautiful images, and what a great idea! I live the idea of inviting 5 others to continue the project.

Jeanie said...

This post is simply stunning. Your eye is excellent, as is your interpretation! I'm doing Paris in July over at Marmelade Gypsy -- hope you'll have time to stop by!

Cezar and Léia said...

This last pic makes me think I'd rather have snow than this persistent rain that doesn't let summer shine...
God bless you!
Cezar

Katherine said...

It is a rainbow of happiness. As always, you bring the essence of the moment through your lens.
{love the snow scene - ah, stunning}.

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Quelle perspective unique! Truly beautiful, Virginia. And to come to your blog is also to be moved by the music along with the photos. Merci, Rita

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow Virginia, what a fabulous choice you've made..I remember all these as well and they look more stunning than ever. the Louvre image is unbelievable. Thanks so much for the invitation, I'll have to get cracking to see what i can find.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Great ones, V, and the snow is spectacular! I look forward to seeing what the others will offer as well.

Harriet said...

You have offered us a Sunday feast today! Love all of your selections.

Ignacio Santana said...

Un blog con muy buenas fotografías...felicidades!!!

Un saludo!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the red umbrella picture!

Jack said...

A fine collection of colors. I am so glad you didn't take these shots in monochrome. I put the red umbrella, the blue pyramid and the white allee at the top.

Virginia said...

Jack, we agree on the color this time? :)
V

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I love each of these photos but your last is breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of the louvre it's breathtaking

Janey and Co. said...

They are all perfection! I can't wait to see what the other bloggers come up with!

Starman said...

Classic.

La Mode Operandi said...

What a beautiful idea!

Paulita said...

Each photo, I thought, oh, that's my favorite! They're all gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Oh so Parisian.

Très Bien!

Bonnie said...

Virginia, You make me feel as I am there again. Such awesome pictures. Hard to pick a favorite but the Lourve at the blue hour is mesmerizing.