Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Le Beau Chapeau


On a Sunday last June I joined mes chère amies, Mary, Anne, Marie, Genie, Janet and Maya for a delicious lunch at la Bourgogne on rue Mouffetard. Can't you just hear all of our chatter and laughter?? I was taken by a young woman who came in with her friends wearing this lovely confection of a hat. I suspect they had been to church, most likely for a wedding. I wanted to take her picture wearing it, but she took it off and placed it on this shelf before I could. I setttled for this shot.

FROM SNAPSHOTS TO PHOTOGRAPHS
My next series of five two hour classes will be starting again soon. For those in the Birmingham AL area, contact me for more details. These classes are designed for the amateur photographer who wants to improve their vacation and family photos!

DISCOVERING THE MAGIC
For the more experienced photographers out there, I have a new class starting in September that will focus on creative ways to photograph our city!

19 comments:

MadAboutParis said...

I'd guess about 4 Euros at Monoprix...

Shell Sherree said...

That's an attractive way to settle, V. ;)

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Virginia, that was great fun and a perfect day with old friends and new friends on Rue Mouff.

Lots of laughter and carrying-on!

Virginia said...

Mary,
I disagree. I think it was too chic for the Prix!

Shell,
I can see your pen dancing!

Genie,
It was a grand day. I gained some kilos from the cassolet too!

Daryl said...

Lunch with gal pals et une tres jolie chapeau .. priceless!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can hear y'all.

claudine said...

Yes! I can hear you and your friends chattering and laughing ! Je connais très bien la rue Mouffetard ! Je pense que la dame, avec ce beau chapeau très élégant, devait aller à une cérémonie de mariage !

Virginia said...

Claudine,
Je voudrais que ce tres élégant chapeau !

Hiker,
I knew ya'll could!

D,
Si vrai!

MadAboutParis said...

Virg - heh heh - I was making a bad joke - hell, that chapeau probably came from the shop near St. Sulpice that you photographed in June 09

M said...

I want to go back to Rue Muff with my friends!

Virginia said...

Mary,
Oui, Marie Mercié. Now that was a stop I had on my list that I did NOT get back to. I want to go in and photograph her fabulous hats so much. Next trip???

M,,
We want to go back with you too! come see us 1

Alexa said...

I can hear y'all too—and I'm envious, just as I am of anyone who can pull off such a chapeau!

Virginia said...

Alexa,
What is so wonderful about that day is that we had one from OH, two from AL, one from Paris , one from Austin TX, and Janet and Maya who are originally from D.C. and Seattle but now from FR! A melting pot of friends .
People ask me all the time why , WHY, I keep returning to Paris rather than other places in Europe. My answer? Paris is like my second home now. I have dear friends there and so many that join me there. WHY would I go somewhere, anywhere else??

Harriet said...

I have the same problem, V...why go anywhere else when there's Paris. But one of these days, I'd like to tip-toe into Italy...

Le chapeau est très élégant!

Virginia said...

Harriet,
I knew you'd understand. Paris is the next best thing to home for us now. I"m fine with that.
V

Maya said...

I remember that hat! And the lovely times with all y'all. :-)

Judy - So California said...

If it ain't broke - don't fix it! Keep enjoying. Makes me think of the good times we all had in the Denas - not Paris for sure but a fine time none the less.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I found you through Genie's blog - OH! More eye candy! I love your images!

Louis la Vache said...
This comment has been removed by the author.